In this position you will work in a team of finance professionals; the team is responsible for timely and accurately closing and reporting of the financial results. The finance department is led by the Director Accounting whereby the daily activities will be managed by you. You will be working in a dynamic fast growing organization in an international environment. Do you want to take the next step in your finance career? Then this challenging position as a Finance Manager at a wholesales leader in pharmaceuticals might be a perfect opportunity for you!
Your key responsibilities are
- Assist the Director Accounting in providing timely and accurate monthly and quarterly reporting
- Reconcile and check balance sheet items and where necessary follow up on justification
- Lead daily activities of team members within the finance department (about 10 professionals) including coaching on the job
- Perform accounting activities on more complex areas
- Provide expertise in further automatisation of the daily finance operations (e.g. invoice scanning, electronic payment processes)
- Initiate and support financial process improvement initiatives within the finance team
- Assistance in tax accounting and preparing annual declarations
- Assistance in preparing the annual financial statements for group purposes based on IFRS since Shop Apotheke is a listed company.
- Assistance in preparing the statutory financial statements (Dutch GAAP) for the legal entities.
- Provide supporting documents to the external auditor
- Willingness to take on other tasks and to participate in specific projects
Our requirements are
To be successful in this role you will need to have experience in financial accounting (or auditing) and reporting. If you are looking for a challenging next step in a very dynamic environment you will need to work proactively, have strong analytical skills and consider yourself a team player.
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- A completed bachelor degree in finance & accounting or similar
- Minimum of 3 to 5 year work experience in a complex international finance environment and/or audit firm.
- Strong analytical, communication and social skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a pro-active and self-starting attitude
- Team player who is hands-on and actively collaborates and shares knowledge within the department and organization.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable in a constantly changing environment
- Good English and (preferably) German verbal and written skills
My client offers
- A varied job with nice colleagues for 40 hours a week at a client located in Venlo
- We offer you a challenging job in a listed, international fast growing and highly innovating e-business company
- You will have the freedom and responsibility in creating new ideas
- The company offers you long term engagement and many development possibilities
- My client has a flat hierarchy
Would you to know more about this position? Please do not hesitate to contact Ruben de Bruijn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at +31 (0)6 139 10 851.